What to do if things go wrong: a quick guide to managing your degree

Higher degree by research can be a challenging time for a lot of students. There are lots of places you can go for help if things go wrong. Your supervisor should be your first point of call, or you can contact your HDR Convenor or HDR Administrator for general advice. ANU also offers a range of support services to help you stay on track:

  • The Dean of Students can provide confidential advice if you have a concern related to supervision;
  • The University Counselling Centre are highly experienced at working with HDR candidates. They offer private sessions and workshops to help you deal with a range of issues mental health issues including stress, confidence issues, balancing family and work commitments, adjusting to living in a new location, motivation issues, and relationship advice;
  • As an ANU student you also have access to a range of programs and services that aim to help you maintain your health and wellbeing.

Quick guide to administering your degree

Understanding the administrative aspects of your candidature will help you effectively manage your program. Take some time to familiarise yourself with key elements of your candidature:

You can find more information on ANU administrative processes under the Program Management page.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *